The onset of the e-commerce website business has changed the face of the retail industry in a massive scale. Consumers prefer buying products at the comfort of their home, rather than putting in the hard and extra work of going all the way to a store and buying the required. Online shopping was first introduced in the early 2000s and has seen a massive increase in the last few years. Online shopping provides the consumers with lesser price and a definite availability of the product. The shopping of medicines through e-commerce websites has gained a lot of popularity in the past few years and it can be tricky to figure whom to trust and whom to not trust. So, here are a few quick tips to remember before buying medicines online.
- Ensure the website is legit- Medicines are important items and one has to be sure that they are buying the right products and not the wrong ones or knock-offs of the original products. Reading the comments sections of websites can to an extent give a surety if the medicine’s legitimate or not.
- Check the legal aspects- Dealing of pharmaceutical medicines for addiction and exploitation purposes has become a huge mafia and is considered as an illegal offence and can result in serious charges or even jail time. Before buying the medicines, make sure you have a valid prescription in hand.
- Check the composition of the medicines- Before buying the medicines, check if the required substances are in the medicines. If the composition is a little even by one component, the effect might be completely different and some time can even result in pain and inflammation.
- Secure your personal information- Do not give away private information such as credit card numbers, addresses, and other payment information. Some fraud websites might use this information for exploitation and fraud purposes.
- The requirement of prescription- When buying medicines online, make sure that the website requires a copy of the prescription and there is an online pharmacist available to guide you through your process of buying the necessary items.
- Untrustworthy online doctors- It is highly advised to not trust doctors online, who provide online prescriptions for buying medicines. These online prescriptions from random online doctors are not usually considered valid in drug stores, especially for dangerous medicines which can be addictive and abused.
- Online extensions of pharmacies- Big pharmacies these days have given into e-commerce and are setting up online extensions of their stores. When purchasing from these online stores, make sure it is the original store’s site and not a duplicate of the store. A list of these pharmacies that have been set up online can be found on the official website of governments on pharmaceuticals and drugs.